The WRRA Scholarship Program was established in 2006 and made its initial awards in 2007 for the 2007-08 school year. The program is intended to assist WRRA Member company employees and their children to continue education in college or vocational school programs.
The scholarship application process is now closed for 2018-2019.
WRRA Scholarship Program Description
- Eligibility is open to “Employees, or dependent (natural or adopted) children of employees age 24 and under, of regular member companies of the WRRA.”
- If selected, the student will receive $2,000 for undergraduate study. (Employees may attend half time, dependents must attend full time.)
- Up to four (4) awards per year will be awarded. Awards are not renewable, but students may reapply each year they meet the eligibility requirements.
- Financial need of $2,000 or greater must be demonstrated.
- The WRRA Scholarship Program is administered by Scholarship Management Services®, a division of Scholarship America®.
Questions regarding the scholarship program should be addressed to:
The WRRA Scholarship Program
One Scholarship Way, P.O. Box 297
Saint Peter, MN 56082
Contact Sarah Carstensen, (507) 931-0647 or email at scarstensen@ScholarshipAmerica.org
2018-2019 WRRA SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
Nathan Nicholson - Sound Disposal, Inc.
University of Washington
Courtney Misner - Waste Connections, Vancouver
St. Martin's University
Makayla Krohling - Waste Connections, Vancouver
Colton Troh - Republic Services of Klickitat
Western Washington University